Thursday, October 8, 2009

Halloween approaches

Finally sent out an invite for a halloween party. Since my DH will be working as the zombie host for a haunted house, leaving Halloween night at 9pm, it'll be nice to have company - assuming anyone comes!

My cousin is in town, and I'm hoping that she and her husband can make it to the party, but I'm not sure. I don't have her email address at work, so I will send her the invite when I get home tonight.

Right now, the menu for the event looks like I'll have one non-vegetarian stew (probably a beef stew) and an Indian vegetable stew. I'll make brown and white rice, and my DH's favorite bread. For dessert, I found a chai-spiced mango bread pudding that looks worth a try, and it's not high calorie, which is a very good thing. I've had a couple of pretty good days so far, and I want to stay on track to get some of this extra weight off so I can enjoy Thanksgiving.

Looking forward to wearing jeans that don't bite! :)

No comments: